Click this link and then click Bellyful Hutt Valley and you’ll be able to see our delivery area, you can zoom right in to see the streets if you live near our boundary lines.
Hi, I’m Yvonne and I’m married to David. Together we have two daughters - Sophie and Isabelle.
David and I grew up in the South Island and when our first daughter was born, we didn’t have the support of our direct family. We felt a bit isolated and surely, no one else was as sleep deprived and as exhausted as we were?
When baby number two came along, we joined another anti natal group, having understood from our first one how valuable this group could become.
Being the only mum with baby number two in this group, I was asked if I needed anything. Straight away I asked for pre-cooked meals. It was such relief to have occasions where I simply didn’t have to think about what to make for dinner.
When I came across Bellyful, I couldn’t believe someone had taking this idea and turned into a wonderful charity to support other mums.
I have been part of Bellyful Hutt Valley for over a year now as Branch Coordinator and have personally seen the impact a few meals can make to a family with a newborn or a young family needing support. I feel honoured to be able to lead the branch and give back, along with my wonderful fellow volunteers, to our greater community.
Aimee is the Co-Branch Coordinator for Bellyful Hutt Valley, working alongside Yvonne. Aimee was born and bred in the Hutt Valley and lives in Lower Hutt with her husband and two boys. Aimee was a recipient of Bellyful meals, and has lasting memories of the meals she received as being a welcome saviour at the end of a long day with her new-born baby. Aimee always wanted to return the support she received from Bellyful, and in 2018 signed up as a volunteer. As Co-Branch Coordinator, Aimee enjoys working with other Bellyful volunteers, connecting with the community and most importantly knowing that those families that need Bellyful support at mealtime, can have it.
Proudly supporting Hutt Valley
- Hutt City Baptist Church(www.huttbaptist.org.nz)
- The Warehouse - Bags of Difference(www.thewarehousegroup.co.nz/community-environment/the-warehouse-community)
- Hutt Mana Charitable Trust(www.hmct.org.nz)
- Pelorus Trust(www.pelorustrust.net.nz)
- Z Energy - Good in the Hood(www.z.co.nz/about-z/how-we-invest-in-our-neighbourhoods/good-in-the-hood)
- Trust House Foundation(www.trusthouse.co.nz)
- Upper Hutt Cosmopolitan Club(www.cossieclubs.org.nz)
- COGS Hutt Valley(www.communitymatters.govt.nz/community-organisations-grants-scheme)